Are you experiencing shoulder pain? We can help.
What causes shoulder pain?
Shoulder pain can disrupt your daily life and hinder your mobility, making it essential to identify its underlying causes for effective treatment. At Steamboat Chiropractic Center, our expertise lies in evaluating and addressing the diverse factors contributing to shoulder discomfort. Here are some common causes of shoulder pain that we specialize in:
1. Rotator Cuff Injuries: The rotator cuff, a group of muscles and tendons that stabilize and facilitate shoulder joint movement, can suffer injuries or tears due to overuse, trauma, or age-related degeneration, resulting in persistent shoulder pain.
2. Tendonitis: Inflammation of shoulder tendons, often due to repetitive movements or overexertion, can lead to sharp pain, particularly during arm movements.
3. Frozen Shoulder (Adhesive Capsulitis): Gradual onset of stiffness and reduced shoulder joint range of motion characterizes frozen shoulder. It can cause significant discomfort.
4. Arthritis: Arthritis can affect the shoulder joint, causing chronic pain, swelling, and reduced mobility. Osteoarthritis, a common form, is associated with shoulder pain.
5. Bursitis: Inflammation of the bursa sacs, which provide cushioning in the shoulder, can result in pain, tenderness, and restricted movement.
6. Nerve Compression: Conditions like thoracic outlet syndrome or cervical radiculopathy can compress nerves in the neck or upper back, leading to referred pain in the shoulder region.
7. Posture and Muscular Imbalances: Poor posture, muscle imbalances, and weak shoulder stabilizers can cause chronic shoulder pain by straining muscles and soft tissues.
8. Trauma and Accidents: Injuries from accidents, falls, or sports-related activities can damage the shoulder joint, bones, ligaments, and muscles, causing acute or chronic pain.
Steamboat Chiropractic Center specializes in diagnosing and treating a wide range of shoulder conditions. We create personalized treatment plans tailored to your unique needs, focusing on non-invasive approaches to alleviate pain, enhance shoulder function, and improve overall well-being. If you’re experiencing shoulder pain, schedule a consultation with our experts to embark on the path to relief and recovery.